KLB Visionary Art and Craft Grade Four Learner’s Book is designed to help the learner acquire and apply specific concepts, techniques and related vocabulary to increase capacity for effective pursuit of artistic goals. The span of strands at this level entail: Picture Making, Mixed Media and Technology, Indigenous Kenyan Crafts, Presentation and Exhibition.
- The book is developed in line with the requirements of the Competency Based Curriculum design for Art and Craft for Grade Four.
- The learning experiences are aligned with the thematic integrated approach thus concepts are presented in the most appropriate way for learners at this level.
- This book is extensively illustrated to make the content interesting to the learners.
- It has employed a learner-centred approach where all experiences are centred on the learner’s interests, knowledge and application to real life situations.
- Lessons draw from learner’s day-to-day activities at school and home.
- The book has numerous practical activities, and reflection questions to enable the learner to carry them out on their own either in school or at home.
- The title has adequately mainstreamed key pertinent and contemporary issues and is designed to equip the learner with 21st Century competences.
This Learner’s Book is approved by the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) and procured by the Government of Kenya for use by Grade Four learners in all public primary schools.